Is it possible to change the height of hierarchical fields such as Assigned, Disposition, Product, and Category in our workspace?
I would like for fields such as Assigned, Product, etc to only show the lowest level menu selection within the workspace instead of the lowest level selection and its parent.
When configuring a workspace, you can modify the height associated to hierarchical fields to show only the lowest level of values by editing the Show Parent property within the workspace. At most you can show two levels of a hierarchical field.
- When Show Parent is disabled (set to False), the box for the selected field displays a single line and only displays the lowest level selection in the menu.
- When Show Parent is enabled (set to True), the box for the field shows two levels -- the lowest level selected and the value immediately above it.
To modify the property, use the steps below:
- From the Configuration items, select Application Appearance > Workspaces
- Double-click on the appropriate workspace to Open and Edit.
Note: To determine which workspace to edit, you may need to open the staff profile to determine which workspace is called out. For example, to determine which incident workspace is used by a staff member, open the profile and click the Service tab to see which incident workspace is listed.
- In the open workspace, click on the hierarchical field you wish to edit, such as Disposition, Product, Category, or Assigned.
- From the Design tab on the ribbon, click the Show Parent property.
- Save the workspace.
For more information on editing workspace properties, refer to Answer ID 2518: Setting Properties in Workspaces.
After modifying the property, staff using that workspace must close the workspace and then re-open it in order to see the change in the hierarchical menu.
For additional information, refer to the 'Options Properties' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.