How can I include a recursive drill-down in my custom report?
When creating custom reports, if you include a hierarchical field as a column in the report, such as Product, Category, and Disposition, you can configure the report to use recursive drill-down. If Oracle RightNow Outreach Cloud Service is enabled on your site, recursive drill-downs can be used with Outbound Email categories and Tracked Link categories. The recursive drill-down feature automatically includes links at a top level of a hierarchy so that you can drill down into the sub-levels configured for that field.
You can only enable recursive drill down for a level that has a hierarchical output column. If a node has a hierarchical output column and you do not enable recursive drill-down for the node, then only data for the column’s first level will be displayed. A node can have both regular and recursive drill-down enabled, but the drill-down links cannot be the same. Nodes that have recursive drill-down enabled will have a different icon in the output level tree than non-recursive nodes.
To configure recursive drill-down for a field:
- In your report, create an output column from a hierarchical item, for example, incidents.prod_hierarchy or accounts.hierarchy.
- Click on the output column that you added. Click the Level tab on the ribbon. Click Edit located in the Current Level section of the ribbon.
- The recursive drill-down feature is automatically enabled in the Recursive Drilldown Settings section of the window. To disable the feature, clear the Enable Recursive Drilldown check box.
- In the Starting Level field, select the starting point of the hierarchy for the drill-down. For example, a starting level of 1 for products is the top products listed in the Products table.
- In the Link field, select the output column you want as the drill-down link in the report. By default, this is the hierarchical item.
- Click OK and save your report.
For additional information, refer to the 'Configure Recursive Drill-Down Levels' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.