What is an Outreach campaign?
Outreach and Feedback
Oracle Service Cloud
Campaigns allow you to create dynamic, multiple-step email marketing campaigns through a graphical interface. For example, you can use a campaign to launch and follow-up on a sales convention, send invitations out to contacts, direct them to a registration form, track their attendance and send follow up emails.
There are several contextual buttons in the Display section of the campaign designer ribbon that contain important fields for creating a new campaign:
Details - In the details section, you can assign the campaign to a specific staff member and define the start and end dates for the campaign. You can define the campaign’s budget, estimate costs, expected and actual, predict the number of leads and opportunities generated from the campaign. Once the campaign is saved, the system will calculate the expected cost per lead, cost per opportunity, the net profit and ROI.
Notes - You may want to add notes to your campaign to provide additional information to staff members as they work with the campaign.
Tasks - Assign new or existing tasks to campaigns and edit, delete and forward tasks to other staff members.
Results - Once you have saved and run your campaign, you can view the results, which will show you the number of transactions generated by the campaign.
August 2016 Campaign Designer Interface
To create a campaign
- To create a new campaign, click File from upper left of console and select Campaign in the new items section, or open the Campaign Explorer and click New.
- To edit an existing campaign, open the Campaign Explorer, and right click on the campaign you want to edit.
- Drag and drop the items you want in your campaign from the Toolbox onto the design pane.
- Test the campaign path by clicking the View menu, and selecting Validation Results. If there are any errors, an exclamation point will be on the item in error. Mouse over the exclamation point and the error message will appear.
- Once you have created or edited your campaign, click Save or Save and Close. After the campaign is created and launched, contacts are processed based on their actions. You can export an image of your campaign by selecting the Export option; this option is located differently based on the version.
For additional information, refer to the 'Outreach Campaigns Overview' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.