Why was an incident, with a Round Robin queue, not assigned to an available agent?
Oracle B2C Service, Round Robin incident routing
- Incident Queue is set to a Round Robin queue (as specified by the Customizable Menus editor, system menus -> Incident Queues). "Round Robin (Logged In)" has additional requirements listed below and Round Robin-All has less requirements.
- An agent's profile has the Round Robin Incident Queue selected under Service tab -> Incident Queues
- The agent's incident Inbox Limit has not been reached
- The incident status type is Unresolved (Round Robin will not assign out Solved or Waiting status types)
- For "Round Robin (Logged In)" only:
- The agent is logged in for that profile
- The dbstatus -r utility must run. This generally runs every 15 minutes. Thus, it can take up to 15 minutes for a new incident to be assigned out when using Round Robin (Logged In).
- If the agent's inbox is full and they close out one of their incidents, this will also trigger the utility to assign out an available incident (up to the number set in the agent's Pull Quantity or Inbox Limit whichever is reached first).
For more information about setting up Incident Queues, refer to the Add or Edit an Incident Queue section of online documentation.
For more information about Profile Incident Queue settings, refer to the Assign Service Permissions section of online documentation.
To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.