How do I launch Chat from non-Oracle B2C Service pages?
Chat, Customer Portal
Oracle B2C Service
Many customers wish to create their own external chat launching page so that they may engage endusers browsing their own webpage. Oracle B2C Service provides two different Syndicated widgets for use on non-Customer Portal pages. The Syndicated Proactive Chat Widget allows for a pop-up invitation when certain conditions are met. The Syndicated Conditional Chat Widget also allows for a static or dynamic link to chat. Note: If you use Engagement Engine, the inserted code will be different.
1. Begin with an HTML template file. For example:
Your code will go within the body tags. This page will need to be placed on an external hosting site such as cloud9 or site44.
2. To get the code for your chat widget, go to the Customer Portal Administration page.
i.e. https://<YOUR SITE>.custhelp.com/ci/admin
3. Select "Widgets", then "Syndicated Widgets" from the drop down at the top menu.
a. Choose your widget type for chat, i.e. ProactiveChat or ConditionalChatLink
b. Change any attribute values
c. Select 'apply'
4. Copy each of the three sections of code by clicking 'select text' and place that within the body tags above.
5. Place your page on the external hosting site for your choosing. View the page, observe the chat.
For additional information, please consult the Widget Documentation that is available in the Customer Portal Administration area of your site.
For information regarding the Customer Portal Administration area, refer to the 'Customer Portal Administration' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.