Can I receive an email when users have requested help and an incident is created?
Incident Assigned Notification
The Incident Assigned notification notifies staff members when new incidents are assigned to them.
The Incident Assigned message is a notification that displays in the Notifications section of the Communication Center.
Each staff member's account can be configured to send an email notification to the staff member when the staff member is not logged in to Oracle B2C Service. That is, if the staff member is not logged in and an incident is assigned to them, the staff member can receive an email in their Inbox informing them that a notification has been sent to them and that they should log in to determine what action needs to be done regarding that incident.
To configure a staff account to send an email notification to an Inbox when the staff member is not logged in to Oracle B2C Service, use the steps below:
- Click the Configuration button and select Staff Management
- Open either the 'Staff Accounts by Group', 'Staff Accounts by Manager' or 'Staff Accounts by Profile' reports and double click the Staff Account you would like to edit.
- On the Staff Account details, select the appropriate Email Notification. To send an email for every event that triggers a notification, select the 'Detailed Notification Always' option.
- Click Save
To enable the Incident Assigned message: use the steps below:
- From the Common Administration items, select Communication Configuration > Message Templates.
- In the left-hand frame, right click on the interface name and select Edit.
- From the top ribbon, select Administrator Notifications, make sure the check box is enabled for the Incident Assigned message.
- Click Deploy and then Save & Close.
For additional information on deploy changes made to message templates, refer to Answer ID 7880: Message Templates are not getting deployed and saved.
Send Email to Non-Assigned Staff Members
If you would like to be notified of new incidents and are not the staff member to whom the incidents are assigned, you can use a business rule to email the incident information to you when the incident is created. The Email Incident Notification message must be enabled in the Message Templates table.
Use the steps below to create a business rule that emails the incident information:
- Click on the Configuration button and select Site Configuration and then Rules.
- Click the Incident button in the ribbon and then click the Edit button in the ribbon.
- In the left frame, right click on the incident state that is the initial state and select New Rule.
- In the right frame, configure the rule:
Enter the Rule Name then select 'Incident' in the Add IF Condition Based On drop-down menu
IF section: specify which incidents to be notified of
THEN section: click the drop-down arrow next to Add Action and select Email, then Email Incident Information
Include whatever other actions are appropriate
- Click Save
- Position the rule appropriately within the rule list.
- Compile and activate the rule set.
- Submit a test incident to verify your rules are working correctly.
For more information on staff notifications, refer to the 'Notifications' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.