How do I disable the option for agents to change the maximum number of chats in their CX Options?
Chat - Agent Console
It is possible to disable the option for agents to change the maximum number of chats in their CX Options. This setting is profile specific not agent specific. To do this, determine the profiles where you would like this feature disabled then edit the profiles appropriately. Here is how to do this:
1. Navigate to: Configuration -> Staff Management -> Profiles
2. Open the applicable profile
3. Click on "Permissions" in the ribbon
4. Click the "Service" tab and scroll down until you see "Chat"
5. Disable the "Set Max Sessions" options
6. Set "Max Sessions" to an appropriate value
The agents utilizing the changed profiles will probably have to reset their local cache or logout and log back into the console to see the changes take place. Here is how to reset the local cache: Answer ID 2785: Rebuilding your local cache.
After the changes take place and agents look at their CX Options they will now see a grayed-out number in "Maximum Chat Sessions" meaning this value is fixed and not editable for them.
For more information regarding Chat options within profiles please refer to documentation for your version of the product: Answer ID 5168: Documentation for Oracle RightNow CX Products.