How can we tell why an email was rejected or filtered?
Techmail, Analytics, Email
Oracle Service Cloud
Incoming email messages are filtered out or rejected by the Techmail utility for a variety of reasons.
The Incoming Email Filter Details report (Public Reports > Service > Email Reports (ID 227)) can help you troubleshoot why certain emails are being filtered out or rejected by Techmail. This report lists every email filtered out or rejected in the past twenty-four hours and includes:
- This report lists every email filtered out or rejected in the past twenty-four hours and includes:
- The email address the message was sent from
- The date/time the email was filtered
- The reason the email was filtered
- Description of reason for the email being filtered
- The name of the mailbox used to process the email
Techmail stores this information in the Techmail Filter Details (tm_filter_details) table. For a description of information logged in this table, see the Data Dictionary located under Configuration > Database > Data Dictionary.
For more information, see Answer ID 5670: Techmail message filters explained.
See also, the 'Troubleshooting filtered out or rejected email' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.