What's included in a Oracle Service Cloud Update?
All Oracle Service Cloud sites which require a legacy update.
Not applicable for Auto Update Program enrolled sites.
Oracle Service Cloud update deliverables apply to any site that is not in the Auto Update Program (AUP) All clients will receive Q&A support of the update process via managed service requests.
Oracle Cloud, Oracle Cloud Priority, Premier and Preferred support packages entitle you the following deliverables:
- Communication of major release changes
- Unlimited general Q&A support of update process managed via service requests
- Sixty minute Kick-off meeting and consultation
- 'Like for like' functionality migration and testing
- Site presentation with update engineering staff (on request)
- Management of pre- and post cutover service requests
- 30 day post cutover support by Oracle Service Cloud Update Engineers
- Oracle Service Cloud project methodology compliance
- Project Close out meeting (on request)
Please note: It is advisable to stay as current as possible with regard to new releases, for the following reasons:
- New features will be available to be adopted when the time is right for your business, without having any delay caused by upgrading as a pre-requisite.
- Some fixes in subsequent releases are for issues discovered by our customers in their real-world, production environments. Staying current not only allows you to address outstanding issues, but can also be considered preventative maintenance, as fixes may not seem to apply directly to your implementation, but could surface as an issue later.
For further information on your Oracle Service Cloud update experience, please review the Oracle Service Cloud support policy and review the following answers: