How do I delete an organization in my Oracle B2C Service application?
Organizations, All versions
IMPORTANT! It is very important to understand that deleting an organization affects many other records that are tied to that organization record. When you delete an organization, you permanently delete not only the organization record itself, but you also delete all contact records that are associated with the organization -- which also deletes their incidents. Deleting an organization also permanently deletes sales opportunities that are associated to the organization.
Deleting an organization, permanently deletes the following items from your database:
|All contacts that are associated to the organization
|All incidents that are associated with the organization's contacts are also deleted
|All sales opportunities and tasks that are associated to the organization
Only staff members whose profiles allow them to delete organization records have the ability to delete these records. The ability to delete organizations is configured on the Organization tab of the staff profile's Permissions options.
Before you delete an organization: be sure to review all contacts, incidents, opportunities, and tasks. It may be necessary to associate records with a different contact or organization before you delete the organization of interest.
To delete the organization record: After you have reviewed the contacts, incidents, opportunities, and tasks associated with the organization and determine that the organization record can be deleted, use the steps below.
- From the Reports Explorer or your navigation items, select a report that allows you to search by organization.
- From the Support or Sales Console, select a report that allows you to search by organization.
- Click the Search button to search for the organization by name.
- In the search results, highlight the row that corresponds to the organization you wish to delete.
If there are multiple organizations listed, be sure you select the correct record. It may be necessary to open the organization record to determine which specific record you have selected and to verify that you have highlighted the correct record.
- After verifying that you have selected the correct organization record, close the organization record (if you opened it for review).
- From the report, right click on the organization and select Delete > Organization.
- A pop-up window will display asking for verification that you want to delete the organization and associated contacts, incidents, and opportunities. Click Yes to delete the record(s).
At this point, the organization and associated contacts, incidents, opportunities, and tasks have been permanently deleted from the database.