How do we customize the automated greeting within Oracle Service Chat that the end-user sees when they begin a chat with us?
Oracle B2C Service, Chat, Message Bases
Customers currently see "Hi, my name is <agent name>. How may I help you?" when they first initiate a chat session. We'd like to customize this text.
To customize the chat greeting, use the steps below:
- In the console you go to Configuration -> Site Configuration -> Message Bases
- In the Key field type, or copy and paste, CHAT_GREETING_MSG
- Click Search
- You can either inline edit the message by clicking within the text column.
- Or, you can edit the message base by clicking the 'Edit Selection' button on the ribbon. After you make the edit, click OK.
- Or, double-click the message base to open it on the content pane and edit the Description field and/or the Custom Text field.
- Click the Save button in the ribbon.
Have your agents log back into the application in order to see the change take effect.
NOTE: The default text of CHAT_GREETING_MSG is: Hi, my name is <agent_login>. How may I help you?. Within current functionality, the CHAT_GREETING_MSG message base will only pull in the agent_login value (i.e. agent display name). It is not currently possible to enter a variable to pull another field such as the agent's first or last name.
For more information, see Answer ID 4562: Name displays differently in chat than expected.