How do I subscribe staff members to receive reports on a regular basis?
Analytics, Scheduled Reports
Oracle B2C Service
Scheduled reports can be configured separately for each report. The scheduled report is sent as either a file attachment of an email or the data and charts are included directly in the email. The report is sent to the subscribers you specify and at the dates, times, and frequency you indicate. The data included in the file is static and reflects the data and statistics from the database at the time the scheduled report was sent. That is, if the report is sent at 6:00 a.m. and the user opens the report at 2:00 p.m., the data in the subscription reflects the status of the data at 6:00 a.m. This ensures that all recipients of the scheduled report view the same data from the same time frame.
When you set up a new scheduled report, the subscriber does not need to have a staff account in the Accounts table. When configuring the scheduled report, you can simply add the person's email address using the To: field. This saves their email address in the system and if you want to subscribe them to any other reports, you will be able to select their address from the select names window for future scheduled reports.
Reports can be sent as one of the attachment types below:
- HTML Attachment or Email
- Excel attachment (charts and images unavailable)
- CSV Comma Delimited attachment (charts and images unavailable)
- XML attachment (charts and images unavailable) Image attachment
- Image Attachment
- PDF Attachment
- Compressed CSV File
For additional information, refer to the 'Scheduling Reports' section in the Online Help User Guide documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.
To subscribe someone to receive reports on a regular basis, use the steps below:
- Open the report for editing.
- From the navigation pane, you can right click on the report and select Edit Report Definition. Or from Analytics > Reports Explorer, navigate to the folder and right click on the report and select Edit.
- From the tool bar, click the Home tab > Properties > Scheduling.
- In the upper right corner of the pop-up window, click Add Schedule.
- Enter a schedule Name.
- Click the To button to and add appropriate staff members, groups, distribution lists, and individuals to the scheduled report.
- Highlight staff accounts or staff groups in the top section and click the To - > button to add the name to the Message Recipients box. Or type in specific email addresses in the Message Recipients field.
- Click OK.
- Add the Subject line of the email to be sent and a Comment (optional). The Comment field allows you to add brief content to the email that is sent.
- Select the Format of the report. Select which staff member the report should be run as.
- Specify the recurrence and execution schedule, including the months, days of the week, days of the month, and hours when the report should be sent. To deselect every hour, right click in the hour field and select Deselect All. After specifying the Recurrence Pattern and Range of Recurrence, click OK.
- Set the filter values for your run-time filters. The scheduled report defaults to the default values of the run-time filters, but you can over-ride the defaults by clicking the Use defaults link next to Filter Values. Click OK to save the scheduled report. Note: If you schedule a report to be sent on a specific date of the month, the report will be sent only on that day. For example, if you schedule a report to run on the 31st day of the month, the report will only be sent for months that have 31 days, and will be sent on the 31st. For this case, it is better to schedule the report to run on the 1st of each month and to specify a run-time filter to capture the date range for the previous month.
To subscribe a staff member to receive reports on a regular basis, use the steps below:
- From the Analytics Console, in the left-hand frame, right click on the report name and select Edit.
- In the right-hand frame, click the Scheduling tab. Click the Add Item icon -- .
- Enter a Schedule Name.
- Select the Format of the report. Options include Web, Excel, PDF, or XML options
- Specify the execution schedule, including the months, days of the week, days of the month, and hours when the report should be sent. You can multi-select items using the CTRL or SHIFT keys.
- Click OK.
- Specify the report recipients. Click Send To and add appropriate staff members, groups, distribution lists, and individuals to the Current Recipients box on the right.
- Click OK.
- Add the Subject line of the email to be sent and a Comment. The Comment field allows you to add brief content to the report subscription.
- Click Save.
Note: It is not possible to drill down into an incident from a report subscription. When the report subscription is sent, the email will include the name of the scheduled report (as listed in the Scheduled Name field). The email does not automatically include the name of the report from which the scheduled report is sent. Therefore, we recommend that you include the actual report name in either the Schedule Name field or in the Subject or Comment fields so that you can more easily determine which report is generating the email.
If you schedule a report to be sent on a specific date of the month, the report will be sent only on that day. For example, if you schedule a report to run on the 31st day of the month, the report will only be sent for months that have 31 days, and will be sent on the 31st. For this case, it is better to schedule the report to run on the 1st of each month and to specify a run-time filter to capture the date range for the previous month.
Note: In order to view the report, you must open the attachment. Previewing the report in Outlook (by right clicking the attachment and selecting View Attachments) results in an "Unable to load specified file" message. Therefore, be sure to actually open the attachment.