Oracle Field Service (OFS)
OFS Native App, device running iOS 15+
There is a known situation within the OFS Native App for iOS. It is specifically for devices running on iOS 15 to 15.3 versions. The issue manifests when you see a SmartCollaboration push notification and your device is locked. When you unlock your device and open the OFS native app to read the message, you will see the counter indicating that you have a new message but the message will have no content.
This behavior is caused by a change made by Apple which enables by default in iOS 15+ an experimental feature called NSURLSession WebSocket. This change is restricting the web socket from reconnecting after a disconnection/idle time.
This behavior is solved in iOS 15.4 and OFS 22B SU3.
As an alternative solution, end users could disable NSURLSession WebSocket from iOS settings following the steps below:
- Open iOS Settings
- Scroll down searching for Safari and tap on Safari
- Scroll all the way down and tap on Advanced
- Tap on Experimental Features
- Scroll down until you see NSURLSession WebSocket (which will be enabled by default)
- Disable NSURLSession WebSocket
- Either close and reopen the OFS app or uninstall and reinstall it to reflect the changes.