Collapse Submit a Service Request Contact Information for Technical SupportMy Service Notifications
How to configure the INCIDENT FORWARD CONFIGURATION OPTION: ADD REPLIES TO THREAD feature
Answer ID 12038 | Last Review Date 12/22/2021
How do I configure the INCIDENT FORWARD CONFIGURATION OPTION: ADD REPLIES TO THREAD feature?
Incident Workspace Designer
Agent Browser UI only
Release 21C and later
A new feature is available in the 21C release and newer, where administrators can control whether replies to forwarded incidents should be added to the incident thread as a private note and whether agents should be allowed to disable this option when forwarding an incident.
This allows you to retain a comprehensive communication history in incident threads, including replies to forwarded incidents.
In order to enable this feature, follow the steps below:
The EGW_SAVE_EMAIL_HEADERS configuration setting must be set to YES (1).
- Open an incident workspace in the Workspace Designer.
- Open the Ribbon Designer and right click on the forward button and select -Edit Button-.
- Select the option to -Add Internal Responses to Thread- and -Allow Agent to Control Internal Responses- (if desired).
- Save and close the workspace.
- Open an incident using this workspace on the Agent Browser UI and select the forward button.
- Note that the Forward Comments option can be de-selected (leave it selected).
- Enter a forward note and send.
- Only an existing account can reply to a forwarded incident and be recorded as a private note.
- Note that the comments in the Forward window are added to the incident thread.
- The reply from an existing account in Oracle B2C Service will be recorded in a private note thread along with any attachments.
Please view the online documentation below for further information.