How do I add a forward comment to an incident thread?
Oracle B2C Service, Browser User Interface (BUI)
The option to add incident forward dialog to a thread is now available in the Agent Browser User Interface. Additional functionality allows agents to disable this option when forwarding an incident.
To enable this feature:
- Open an incident workspace in the Workspace Designer.
- Open the Ribbon Designer, select the appropriate forward button for BUI and select -Edit Button-.
NOTE: If your workspace has the forward button in the quick access area you MUST select and configure that button
- Select the option to -Add Comments to Thread- and -Allow Agent to Control Comments- (if desired).
- Save and close the workspace.
- Open an incident using this workspace on the Agent Browser UI and select the forward button.
- Note that the Forward Comments option can be de-selected (leave it selected).
- Enter a forward note and send.
- Note that the comments in the forward dialog are added to the incident thread.
When "Add Comments To Thread" is enabled, all forward comments will be added as a private note to the incident thread.
If "Allow Agent to Control Comments" is enabled, agents will see a button in the Forward dialog window which will allow them to prevent their comments from being added as a thread.