What are the steps I must perform as a new administrator implementing the Oracle Service Cloud application?
Administrator Training, New Implementation
Oracle Service Cloud
To help you get started with your new Oracle Service Cloud application, the following quick start tutorials will walk you through your initial setup. After you've completed your initial implementation, you can learn more detailed procedures described in the Oracle Service Cloud Documentation.
As an administrator installing and configuring a new Oracle Service Cloud implementation, we recommend navigating through the latest Oracle Service Cloud 20B and watching the topics listed below in sequence. Videos also include other topics such as Knowledge Advanced, REST API, and Customer Portal.
- Installing the Agent Desktop - Learn how to install the agent desktop to get started configuring Oracle Service Cloud
- Creating a Staff Account Navigation Set - Shows how to access and create a navigation set
- Creating a Staff Account Profile - Shows how to create a profile
- Creating a Staff Account - Learn how to create a staff account
- Setting up the Agent Desktop Default Mailbox - Describes how to setup a default mailbox
- Creating an Answer - Shows you how to create an answer in your knowledge base
- Asking a Question in Customer Portal - Learn how customers can ask a question on your support site
- Finding Incidents - Learn how to update incidents
- Viewing an Incident Response via Customer Portal - Shows how customers view an incident response
- Referencing an Answer in an Incident - Learn how to reference an answer in an incident
- Running a Standard Report - Learn how to generate standard reports
- Creating a Custom Report - Learn how to create reports using the report designer
Provide feedback on tutorials
For additional assistance, refer to Answer 2543: Contacting Oracle Service Cloud Technical Support Services. This includes the Oracle Service Cloud Technical Support Services Guide and Working Effectively with Support documents.
If you are implementing in a regulated environment such as PCI or HIPAA, please see Answer ID 9570: Guidance for Implementing in PCI or HIPAA Service Cloud Environment for specific deployment considerations.