How can I increase the height of the area above the tabset in our workspace (or decrease the height of the tabs)?
Workspaces, All versions
When editing workspaces, you can modify the height of the summary area above the primary tabset. This allows you to add fields or change the display as you need. Or you can remove fields from the summary pane and then decrease its height to allow more space for the tab content.
When you add a tabset to a workspace, the Summary Panel Height property defines the amount of space (in pixels) above the tabset that can be used for specific fields. The summary pane displays regardless of which tab is selected.
To modify the summary pane height above the tabset, use the steps below:
- From the Configuration Items, select Application Appearance > Workspaces.
- Open the appropriate workspace for editing. If it is a standard workspace, you must copy the workspace and open the copy for editing.
- In the center pane, click just inside the left edge of the pane. When selected correctly, a gray, dashed line appears around the entire pane. The gray dashed line surrounds both the tabset and the fields above the tabset.
- Click in the Summary Pane property and modify the numerical value and press Enter. The space allocated for the summary pane changes within the workspace editor.
- Drag and drop fields in the summary pane as you wish.
- Save the workspace.
- If you had to copy a standard workspace, you must update the staff profiles to use the edited copy of the workspace.
For more information on editing workspace properties, refer to Answer ID 2518: Setting Properties in Workspaces.