What are the shortcuts or hotkeys that can be used with the Oracle B2C Service Console?
Oracle B2C Service, All versions
You can use several hotkeys and shortcut keys to help you navigate more easily in the Oracle B2C Service Console. Please note, these hotkeys and shortcut keys cannot be disabled.
Appending Standard Text and Answers to Incidents
The function keys below allow you to easily append a standard text or answer when working on an incident. To use the hotkey, you must know the shortcut for the standard response or the Answer ID for the answer of interest.
- F8 -- Append Standard Text -- then enter the shortcut for the response
- F9 -- Append Answer Text -- then enter the answer ID
- F10 -- Append Answer Link -- then enter the answer ID
Adding a New Item
Ctrl + Shift + i New incident Ctrl + Shift + a New answer Ctrl + Shift + c New contact Ctrl + Shift + o New organization Ctrl + Shift + p New opportunity Ctrl + Shift + t New task Ctrl + Shift + g New campaign Ctrl + Shift + m New mailing Ctrl + Shift + d New document Ctrl + Shift + y New survey Ctrl + Shift + r New report Ctrl + Shift + b New dashboard
Ctrl + Tab Return to previous content pane tab in history Ctrl + Shift + Tab Move forward to next content pane tab in history
Ctrl + c Copy Ctrl + x Cut Ctrl + v Paste Ctrl + a Select all Ctrl + left/right arrow Move forwards or backwards one word
F3 Move to first field in Quick Search Esc Close window (only acts on windows not docked to the console -- does not affect docked tabs)
Ctrl + n New (same item type) Ctrl + s Save Ctrl + Shift + s Save and close F12 Save as F7 Spell check Ctrl + i Information Ctrl + p Del Delete Ctrl + f Forward F1 Help
Explorers and reports
Ctrl + n New (uses default new selection) Ctrl + a Assign F5 Refresh Ctrl + e or Enter Edit selected item Ctrl + f Find (in an explorer) Ctrl + f Forward (from a report) F2 Rename Ctrl + r Refresh Ctrl + c Copy Ctrl + p Del Delete F1 Help
Note: The Ctrl+f functionality works differently if you are in an explorer or if you are using an incident or opportunity report. When using an explorer (such as the Reports Explorer), the Ctrl+f shortcut brings up the Find feature. From an incident or opportunity report, the Ctrl+f shortcut brings up the Forward feature so that you can forward the record that is selected in the report.
Ribbon Tab: You can mouse over buttons on ribbons and tool tips which will display shortcut keys. To display shortcut keys on the ribbon:
- While editing a record or working in an explorer, press Alt plus the first letter of the ribbon tab that you want to display shortcut keys for. For example, press Alt+h to display the shortcut keys on the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Type the keys associated with a particular button to perform the button's action. After using this method to perform an action, the shortcut keys no longer display.