How can I enable the magnification control for chat agents in the BUI?
Chat, Browser UI
Oracle B2C Service (OSvC)
For agents handing chats in the Browser UI, a new function for Chat Magnification is available for sites using Engagement Panel version 15+. This is an update to the Engagement Panel, that improves the agent's experience by including the option to magnify or reduce the text size within the chat transcript and the compose fields (both public & private). This update is helpful to agents when they are chatting on a small screen (laptop or mobile device), or the agent requires magnification to see the text more clearly.
Previously, agents could magnify or reduce the text size across the entire browser tab using the "zoom" feature within the browser itself. Now, when using Engagement Panel version 15+, agents handling chats within the Brower UI have the option to increase or decrease the font size within the chat transcript and the compose fields.
Please note, this update only applies to the appearance of the text for the agent. This is a presentation update that only applies to the agent's experience and does not change the size of the font that is delivered to the end user. If the agent has magnified the size of the text, this update does not appear for the end-user when receiving posted messages from the agent.
Technical requirements for this feature:
- Engagement Panel version 15+ must be deployed for the site
- If Engagement Panel version 15 is not generally available, then email Jessica Bradley (email@example.com) to have your site upgraded. There is no downtime associated with this update. First, we will enable Engagement Panel version 15 on your test site, then on your production site at a day/time of your choosing
- To confirm the current default Engagement Panel version, please check Answer ID 12531: Chat Engagement Panel in BUI
Notes about this feature:
- At this time, there is no way to disable this feature
- If the Engagement Panel version is set to 15+, then this feature is automatically enabled
- If the agent adjusts their magnification preference, then this preference is remembered across BUI sessions & applies to any new inbound chat sessions
- If browser cookies are cleared, then the magnification preference is not remembered
- As a non-lead agent handling chats in the Browser User Interface, when they are in a transfer/conference or monitoring/joined chat, then they can adjust the magnification setting to their personal preference. This will not affect the presentation of the text size to the lead agent or the end-user
- If the agent adjusts their magnification preference, then logs into the BUI in another browser type, then the magnification preference is not remembered
- For example, given the agent uses Chrome for Chat 1 & increases the magnification, when the agent switches to Edge for Chat 2, then the magnification preference is not carried over to the chat in the Edge browser
- If the agent adjusts their magnification preference, then the magnification preference does not apply to:
- The chat header
- Buttons within the chat header
- Buttons within the header of the public compose control
- Images within the chat
- Emojis within the chat
- Stickers within the chat
- Gifs within the chat