What configurations can be used to affect search results in Knowledge Advanced?
Oracle Service Cloud Knowledge Advanced
The business needs to fine tune search results for certain aspects of the knowledge base.
Tuning a question using Manage Search Query will provide insight into 'How Search Interprets the Question' including skipwords, synonyms and concepts that apply to the question that was asked. There are some aspects of configuration related to searches that provide some insight into how results are determined for searches. This is the recommended order for tuning search results.
- Select an Industry Dictionary under Search Configuration, this provides the baseline for building the search results.
- Set Automatic Products Concepts ON or OFF under Search Configuration, this will add your site's Products to custom concepts used by searches.
- Create Tuning Requests under Manage Search Query, this will add or remove synonyms, including spelling corrections to existing concepts or newly created concept.
- Changing the Display Position of an article, this can force an article to be at the top via Fix at Top or allow the usage of an article determine the position in the results, Historical Usefulness.
- Create an intent via Intent Builder, this can allow questions with words totally different from the article to be matched to return that result. This is recommended as a last resort to affect search results.