What are the steps I must perform as a new administrator implementing the Oracle Service Cloud application?
New Site Administrators
Oracle Service Cloud
To help you get started with your new Oracle Service Cloud application, the following quick start tutorial series will walk you through your initial setup.
As an administrator installing and configuring a new Oracle Service Cloud implementation, we recommend navigating through the latest Oracle Service Cloud - Videos and watching the topics listed below in sequence. Begin with the first tutorial listed below and use the link at the end of each tutorial to advance.
- Install the Agent Desktop - Learn how to install the agent desktop to get started configuring Oracle Service Cloud
- Setting up the Default Mailbox - Describes how to setup a default mailbox
- Create a Navigation Set - Shows how to access and create a navigation set
- Create a Profile - Shows how to create a profile
- Create a Staff Account - Learn how to create a staff account
- Creating an Answer - Shows you how to create an answer in your knowledge base
- Ask a Question - Learn how customers can ask a question on your support site
- Creating and Finding Incident - Shows the default flow for finding and viewing an incident
- Editing an Incident - Learn how to update incidents
- Referencing an Answer in an Incident - Learn how to reference an answer in an incident
After you've completed your initial implementation, you can learn more detailed procedures described in the Oracle Service Cloud documentation:
If you are implementing in a regulated environment such as PCI or HIPAA, please see Answer ID 9570: Guidance for Implementing in PCI or HIPAA Service Cloud Environment for specific deployment considerations.
Please submit feedback on tutorials should you have comments or enhancements to share.
Would you like help collecting this information?Yes, let's chat!