What is Service Collaboration and how do I request it and set it up?
Oracle Service Cloud and Service Collaboration
Service Collaboration - What is it?
This is an add-on module available in Oracle Service Cloud:
The feature provides 4 Key Capabilities:
- Collaborate in Context - agents can reach out to other agents and discuss topics with each other, directly from the incident workspace
- Prioritize Conversation Participation - a delivered report combines the open conversations an agent is involved in, with data from incidents the conversations are about, allowing agents to make better decisions on which conversations to focus their time
- Anytime, anywhere access - users are able to participate in conversations via web and mobile collaboration clients when they are away from agent desktop
- Integrated notifications - alert agents to important posts that require their attention
The following information provides instructions for how customers can request service collaboration to be provisioned for their site and the steps required to utilize the service collaboration solution. Note that Service Collaboration is available for Enterprise and Enterprise Contact Center customers only. Service Collaboration is not currently available on the PC and FG pod.
There are three basic steps to utilizing the Service Collaboration Solution for Oracle Service Cloud. Each step is discussed further in the following answers.
- Request Service Collaboration to be provisioned for a Site
- Configure Agent Desktop for Collaboration
- Update User settings and preferences
After completing the above steps, the system should enable users to collaborate with each other, directly from Agent Desktop, more effectively than ever before. Further details for using the Oracle Social Network (OSN), and the Service Collaboration solution in Agent Desktop, are available in the help topics in both applications.