What is a connection in Intelligent Advisor?
Intelligent Advisor, latest release
A connection allows data from an application to be loaded into, and saved out of, an interaction with a policy model (such as a web-based interview). Connections to applications are created and managed on the Connections page in Intelligent Advisor Hub by the Hub Administrator for a project.
Intelligent Advisor supports several different types of connections:
- Oracle B2C Service connections - provide a connection between a B2C Service site and Intelligent Advisor Hub. Intelligent Advisor Hubs that were licensed with B2C Service will automatically be connected to a B2C Service instance.
- Oracle Sales and B2B Service connections - provide a connection between CX Sales and B2B Service and Intelligent Advisor Hub. These web service connections rely on the pre-defined Intelligent Advisor data connector.
- Oracle Integration connections - provide a connection between an Oracle Integration site and Intelligent Advisor Hub. Oracle Integration connections are a subtype of generic provider web service connection and include certain settings required for connecting with Oracle Integration.
- Generic provider connections - provide a web service connection that is not specific to any application. These connections use the generic integration protocol.
- Connector framework web service connections - provide a connection between a specific application, other than B2C Service, and Intelligent Advisor Hub via a web service connector.
- Connector framework static metadata connections - provide a way, without developing a web service connection, for policy modelers to map to a particular pre-defined data model, even if that doesn't match any particular external application.