How are users managed in Policy Automation?
Oracle Policy Automation (latest release)
Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) Hub user accounts are needed for all of the following:
- Uploading policy models to OPA Hub
- Deploying policy models
- Administering other users and modifying user permissions
- Downloading policy models to the OPA mobile app
- Calling Determinations API web services for deployed policy models
- Using the OPA Hub REST API
Customers and partners do not need to be Hub users to access and interact with an Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) interview. They can be either:
- Agents or Contacts that have been authenticated by Oracle Service Cloud,
- Authenticated users that are verified by a web service connector,
- Anonymous users. Note that allowing anonymous access to OPA interviews requires careful security planning. See Secure a Policy Automation interview for recommendations about how to minimize these.
When developing integrations using OPA Determinations API, access to any of a deployed policy model’s web service endpoints requires an OPA Hub user account with the Determinations API role.
You can place an OPA Hub into anonymous access mode for all web service deployments if desired. This requires careful security planning. See Change the Determinations API access.
For more information, see:
- Create an account for an interactive user
- Create an account for application integration
- Add a new collection
- Disable or re-enable a user
- Reset a user's password
- Update a user's details
- Change your own password
- Set password policies