How do I restrict staff members from full administrative access on the administration pages?
Staff Account, Profiles, Permissions
You can define specific profiles for your staff members. These profiles define the amount of access your staff members have to the various components of Oracle Service Cloud. First, you must define the profile to be used by the staff member. Then, you can edit the staff member's account to assign that profile to the staff member.
When creating a new profile, it is possible to create profiles that allow access to features that you may not have access to. However, when creating staff accounts, you can only assign profiles with features that you yourself have access to. For example, if you cannot access add and edit answers, you cannot assign profiles that allow staff to add and edit answers.
Disabling staff from logging in: To disable a staff member from being able to log in to the administration side, check the Account Locked check box in their staff account.
Step 1: Create a New Profile
- From the Configuration items, select Staff Management > Profiles.
- On the ribbon, click the New button.
- Enter the name of the profile.
- Enable the appropriate settings for Interfaces, Permissions and Analytics (All are buttons on the ribbon).
- Click Save.
Note: For more information on setting up a profile, refer to Answer ID 4352: Adding a Staff Profile in May 10 and later
Step 2: Assign the Profile to the Staff Member's Account
- From the Configuration Items, Select Staff Management > Staff Accounts by Group.
- To add a new staff account click the New button on the ribbon.
- Enter the account details.
- Click the magnifying glass by the Profiles field and select the profile name to be assigned to the staff member.
- Click OK.
- Log in to the Administration pages as the staff member and verify that they have access only to the components you wish.