How do we send large files to Technical Support? How do we access files via FTP from Technical Support?
FTP file transfer options to/from Oracle Service Cloud Technical Support
To Transfer Large Files to Oracle Service Cloud Technical Support
While you can attach comparatively small files to single incidents, there may be some situations where Technical Support might need you to provide a much larger file or files, i.e. tables from your database. After zipping up your file, please use the steps below to provide such files.
- Using a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) client, connect to ftp.rightnowtech.com.
- Log in as "anonymous", and use your full email address as the password.
- Change directories to the "incoming" directory. For example, for command line clients use: cd incoming
Note: You are unable to view any existing files at this location.
- Upload the file
For example, for command line clients enter: put file.txt
- Exit from the FTP connection.
- Update your incident and provide the file name to your Oracle Service Cloud contact so that they can easily access the file.
To Access Files from Oracle Service Cloud Technical Support
Technical Support may provide large files for you via FTP, which you can download via FTP. With regard to the file transfer, we will provide you a URL that you can access from a browser. From the URL, you will see the name(s) of the file(s) to download.