Is Cloud Monitoring available for Facebook?
Cloud Monitoring, Facebook
In the May 2010 release, Facebook has been added to Cloud Monitoring. This allows the addition of custom monitors for a specific Facebook fan page which can then be searched from within the Cloud Monitor console.
The Facebook page monitors will search and return results from the specific Facebook page that has been designated in the configuration. Multiple Facebook page monitors can be added to search across many pages.
Respond functionality is supported for Facebook page monitors and is viewed as a reply to the Facebook page post.
To do this:
- Click the Configuration button on the navigation pane.
- Double-click Channels under Service in the configuration list. The Channels tree displays on the content pane.
- Click Facebook and then click the New button on the ribbon to display the editor.
- Add as a custom monitor (like RN Community or RSS)
- Must enter Facebook Fan Page ID from actual Facebook Page. To obtain the Facebook page ID, navigate to your organization’s fan page in Facebook. The Facebook page ID is a numeric value that displays near the end of the URL in the browser address bar. Grant the RightNow application access to Facebook page as shown (Note: you must log in as a user with Admin rights to the Facebook Fan Page).
- Click “Grant Access” button to be taken through granting the RightNow application access to Facebook page as shown (Note: you must log in as a user with Admin rights to the Facebook Fan Page).
Click to Enlarge:
Cloud Monitor on Facebook
Searching and Usage
You can create, schedule, execute a Facebook Page search in the console just like any search.
Would you like help collecting this information?Yes, let's chat!