How do I deploy the Customer Portal pages I have created?
Oracle Service Cloud (OSvC)
Once you have created the Customer Portal pages and have them the way you want them, you must deploy them in order for your customers to see them.
Warning: Once you deploy your Customer Portal pages it cannot be undone easily. To reinstate a previous set of pages, you would need to modify them to restore them in the development pages and then redeploy.
As part of the overall deployment process, you will go through a staging process before deploying. This staging process allows you to choose what files you want to deploy so that you don't end up deploying something that someone else was working on and had not tested.
Also, after you go through the three steps of the staging phase you click the Stage button. After doing this you receive a message stating that the deploy operation was successful This message is misleading, however, because the files have actually not been pushed to production yet.
To push the files to production you actually have to select "Promote" from the Ribbon. And then select the "Promote" button to deploy to production.
The steps to deploy Customer Portal pages are as follows:
- Go to: Configuration > Site Configuration > Customer Portal
- Select the interface
- In the Ribbon bar, select "Stage" (NOTE: There is not a Deploy button on the Ribbon)
- Move through the three steps of the staging process (selecting Next after each step) Note: For each file listed you can choose "No Action", "Copy to staging" or "Remove from staging"
- Select the "Stage" button once the three staging steps are complete
- In the Ribbon, select "Promote"
- Select the "Promote" button to deploy to production
For additional information, refer to the How You Stage and Promote the Customer Portal section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.