When I create a new document in Oracle RightNow Outreach Cloud Service, are links automatically tracked links?
Document Links, Tracked Links
When you add a link to a Oracle RightNow Outreach Cloud Service document, the link is not automatically a tracked link in your application. The link must be converted to a tracked link.
Tracked links are not available for use with links published in answers on the end-user pages..
Untracked links in templates and snippets can also be converted to a tracked link.
The application automatically searches for untracked links in the document by searching for HTML anchor tags with an href attribute that do not begin with “mailto:” or “#.” In addition, Oracle RightNow Outreach Cloud Service will find links that are part of an image map by searching for HTML area tags with an href attribute.
When you save the document, template, or snippet, if there are any links that are not in the format for a tracked link, Oracle RightNow Outreach Cloud Service prompts you to convert them to tracked links. If you confirm that you would like the links converted, a separate window pops up and displays all of the untracked links that are detected. In the window, you can enable or disable specific links from being converted. In addition, the application determines whether the link is valid or broken so that you can correct the URL if necessary.
When you click OK in the pop-up window, the enabled links are converted to tracked links within the application. The tracked links are named using the format: Link Text - URL.
For example, the link <a href=http://rightnow.com/>RightNow Home Page</a> will become “RightNow Home Page - rightnow.com.” If the link is an image or part of an image map, the name will be "[Image: <image_name>]” or “[Image Map: <image_name>].”
Tracked links that are automatically converted are saved to sub-folders in the Automatically Generated folder.
- The sub-folders use a YYYY-MM-DD format which corresponds to the date the tracked links were generated.
You can drag and drop the link to another folder if you wish.
Note: Use caution when automatically creating tracked links. If you include the same link in separate documents as untracked links, multiple tracked links will be created even though they may have the same URL and even the same name. As a result, click-through statistics are tracked separately for each link and are not combined in your reports.
To convert links to tracked links within a document, use the steps below:
- Create or edit a document, template, or snippet that has links in it. The links should have an HTML anchor tag with an href attribute.
- Click Save. The HTML content is scanned and the Tracked Links Conversion message opens if links are found.
- Click Yes to convert the links to tracked links.
- In the pop-up window, select the links you want to convert by enabling or disabling the check boxes next to each link listed. If necessary, click Edit to modify the link or the name of the link and click OK.
- In the pop-up window, click OK to convert the selected links to tracked links.
- You can verify your new links by going to the Tracked Links table and selecting the Automatically Generated folder followed by the sub-folder named after your document.