How do I add an opportunity?
Oracle Service Cloud
Opportunities are used to track progress of a sales lead through to a closed sale. You can configure opportunity rules to route new opportunities to specific groups or staff members. In addition, you may need to manually add an opportunity. When you add the opportunity, you can also add contact, tasks, and quote information associated with the new opportunity. This will save you time and help you effectively manage all your sales information.
To add and edit an opportunity, your staff profile must have the Add and Edit boxes enabled on the Sales tab of the profile. Additional profile properties indicate whether staff can perform additional actions such as:
- Send a quote
- Delete opportunities
- Edit closed opportunities
- Mark quotes as Accepted
- Reject leads
In addition, the staff profile indicates whether the staff member can edit or delete notes for opportunities.
To create a new opportunity:
- Click the CX button and select Opportunity.
- Complete opportunity fields as described in To edit key opportunity fields.
- To add detailed information to the opportunity, click the Details tab and complete the information.
- To add or edit contact information for the opportunity, click the Contacts tab and complete the information.
- To add or edit note information for the opportunity, click the Notes tab and complete the information.
- To add or edit task information for the opportunity, click the Tasks tab and complete the information.
- To add quote information to the opportunity, click the Quotes tab and complete the information.
- To attach one or more files to the opportunity, click the Attachments tab and complete the information.
- To view the audit log for the opportunity, click the Audit Log tab.
- Click the Save and Close button to save and close the opportunity.
To add an opportunity for an already existing contact:
You can create a new opportunity for an existing contact by using the steps above. However, if you have run a report that lists the contact record in the report, right click on the contact record and select New > Opportunity (for Selected Org / Contact).
When the opportunity window opens, the contact record is pre-populated in the Contact field.