When searching for incidents, which part of the thread are indexed for searching?
All Supported Versions, Configuration Settings, Incidents
When searching for incidents from the administration pages, by default, anything entered in the customer thread, the staff response thread, internal notes, and the summary field are included when searching. This includes SmartAssistant suggested solutions when they are appended as a response or to the Note field.
You can edit the INC_TYPE_IDX configuration setting to specify which types of thread entries are indexed when searching. Thread types are defined by the values below.
To include multiple thread types, add the values for the types and enter the total in the Value field.
Descriptions for the types of thread entries are below:
- INCLUDE_NOTE: an internal note added by a staff member
- INCLUDE_STAFF: a response sent by a staff member
- INCLUDE_CUSTOMER: entries added by the end-user
- INCLUDE_CUST_PROXY: an entry entered on behalf of and end-user that is entered by a staff member
- INCLUDE_RNL: transcripts of chat sessions generated by B2C Service Chat
- INCLUDE_RULE_RESP: content appended to the Response field automatically by a rule. This includes SmartAssistant and other standard text appended by a rule.
- INCLUDE_RULE_RESPNOTE: content appended to the Note field by a rule. This includes SmartAssistant and standard text appended as a Note by a rule.
- INCLUDE_ALL: Include all thread types
For example, if you only want notes, staff entries, contact entries and contact proxy entries indexed for searching, you would enter the value 15 for this configuration setting since 15 is the sum of 1, 2, 4, and 8.
Path to setting(s): Select Configuration from the navigation area > Site Configuration > Configuration Settings > and search by Key.