Is it possible to exclude searching an end-user page activity performed by internal staff members?
Analytics, Configuration Settings
Oracle Service Cloud, All versions
You can avoid reporting on end-user page activity performed by internal staff members by having your staff members use the Search Knowledgebase functionality from within the Oracle Service Cloud console.
To search for an answer from within the console:
1. Open an Incident
2. Click the Search Knowledgebase button on the Messages tab to open the Search Knowledgebase window
- To filter answers by product, click the Product Hierarchy drop-down menu and select the products you want the returned answers to be associated with.
- To filter answers by category, click the Category Hierarchy drop-down menu and select the products you want the returned answers to be associated with.
- To filter answers by the date they were updated, you can select either a date range or a time period.
- To limit the number of answers returned from the search, select the Limit check box and type the number of rows in the field.
3. Click the Search button to display related answers
For more information on editing the Search Knowledgebase report, refer to the following:
Customizing the displayed search criteria in the incident editor's 'search knowledgebase' feature
Customizing search results and reports in a workspace
If you have questions around what generates a session and how you can prevent inaccurate session billing on your site please review Demystifying Session Usage (PDF). Some simple mis-steps in customization and configuration can increase billable sessions. For more information, see Session usage information.