What is the meaning of the different values for interface when setting up a blocking condition for a message step?
Oracle Field Service Cloud (OFSC) all versions
We are not sure what is the meaning of the different documented values for "interface" when setting up a blocking condition for a message step.
According to public OFSC documentation, customers can configure blocking conditions for message steps to prevent messages from triggering when action is performed by a specific interface.
The values provided by the documentation are: web, soap, wap, xhtml, file_upload.
To be able to make an informed decision over what interface to select when configuring a message step, please take into consideration the following:
1. web - refers to actions initiated by Legacy Manage interface.
2. wap - refers to actions initiated by Core Mobility interface.
3. soap - refers to actions initiated by APIs (both REST and SOAP), with the exception of Inbound API.
4. file_upload - refers to actions initiated by Inbound API.
5. xhtml - this interface is no longer in use so value should not be used.